The journal “Obstetrics and Gynecology” (ISSN: 1220-5532) started in 1921 as an official publication of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Since the 1950s it has a quarterly appearance.
Since 2009 the journal is indexed in international databases (Index Copernicus).
Until 1990, the research results of the various research centers from the Romanian Universities were published.
Since 1990, due to the expansion of external collaboration, research articles from France, Belgium, Croatia, Italy, Greece have also begun to be published.
In 1993 the headquarters of the editorial staff moved to Cluj, and this year the editorial staff of the company decided to improve the quality of the graphic design and presentation. The new articles based on external collaborations as well as increasing the quality of Romanian research has substantially increased the number of subscribers from 100-150 to 600-750. In the last few years the appearances were regular (quarterly) on average 390-400 pg / year.
In time, major personalities in obstetrics and gynecology field were included in the journal, either as chief editors (Prof. Vasile Luca, Prof. IV Surcel) or as members of the editorial staff (Prof. C-tin Radulescu, Prof. Dan Alexandrescu, Prof. P. Sarbu). The presence of these personalities was a guarantee of the quality of the published articles. In the last 10 years, the journal has published, as additional issues, the volumes of the national congresses of the Romanian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology and ARMP.
In present, the journal has special graphic conditions (velin paper, polychromie) and all articles are published in English and have specialty references – the editorial team is presented in the first page of the journal.